Freeradius with LDAP, PEAP MSCHAPv2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 28 15:15:46 CEST 2018

  We don't need to see the output of radtest.  See http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

> When I test with Wifi (Cisco Meraki), it fails:

  Reading the debug output helps.  As the Wiki page shows, look for ERROR or WARNING.  It's that simple.
> (18) ldap: Performing search in "dc=xlab,dc=si" with filter "(uid=robert_plestenjak)", scope "sub"
> (18) ldap: Waiting for search result...
> (18) ldap: User object found at DN "cn=Robert Plestenjak,ou=people,ou=xlab-research,dc=xlab,dc=si"
> (18) ldap: Processing user attributes
> (18) ldap: control:Password-With-Header += 'XXX'

  Which should be your "known good" password.

  I presume you've read the debug output enough to see the password and edit it.  Why not keep reading it?

> (18) mschap: Found Cleartext-Password, hashing to create NT-Password
> (18) mschap: Found Cleartext-Password, hashing to create LM-Password
> (18) mschap: Creating challenge hash with username: robert_plestenjak
> (18) mschap: Client is using MS-CHAPv2
> (18) mschap: ERROR: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

  That's pretty clear.

  You entered the wrong password on the client.