Invalid location for 'if' on 3.0.4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 29 15:22:18 CET 2018

On Nov 29, 2018, at 9:17 AM, MDS Test <mdstest.99999 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it helps,  this is my full proxy.conf  config of version 2.2.4

  We didn't ask for that.  You were asked to start with the default v3 config.

  Version 2 allowed for "pre-proxy" sections to be outside of a "server" section.  Version 3 does not allow this.

  You MUST put "pre-proxy", etc. into a "server" section.

  Read raddb/README.rst.  There are detailed instructions for upgrading from v2 to v3.

  Do NOT copy your v2 config over to v3.  You MUST start from the default v3 configuration, and gradually move pieces over, with testing.

  And do NOT use 3.0.4.  There is no reason to use a version which is ~5 years old.  3.0.17 is available, and has many fixes and feature enhancements over 3.0.4.