Auth-Type attribute has no VALUE defined for LDAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 5 21:42:50 CEST 2018

On Oct 5, 2018, at 2:08 PM, Amstaff zg <amstaff.zg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade radius to version 3.0.16 and I'm stuck with this message.

  See raddb/README.rst for detailed documentation on how to upgrade from an earlier version of the server.

  See also "man radiusd" for instructions on how to make changes to the configuration files.

> /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default[20]: The authenticate
> section should be inside of a 'server { ... }' block!

  The default configuration does not have this error.  Please start with the default configuration.

> authenticate {...} /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default[30]: The
> Auth-Type attribute has no VALUE defined for LDAP

  The default configuration doesn't have this error, either.

  If you're going to change the configuration files, do so in *small steps*.  If you completely destroy the configuration, and it doesn't work, you have no idea what's wrong.