Installing freeRADIUS 3.0.17 on centos

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 30 13:24:32 CET 2018

On Oct 30, 2018, at 8:00 AM, Raghu nathan <raghu.vdm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since I'm not modifying any code , I will be interested to install directly
> (without code).

  a) use a pre-built RPM, if one exists

  b) build it from source

  Those are your options.

> Is it possible to install 3.0.17 directly in centos 7 without compiling the
> source code as we do it on Ubuntu?

  That's called an "RPM".

> Is it possible to change the repository to point the installation to 3.0.17
> instead of 3.0.13 for centos 7

  Ask the CentOS people whether they have RPMs available for 3.0.17.  I have no idea.

  There are *some* pre-built packages available on my corporate site:

https://networkradius.com/freeradius-packages/

  Follow those instructions to get an RPM which may work for you.