pap + mac auth authentication problem

Frédéric Goudal frederic.goudal at bordeaux-inp.fr
Wed Oct 31 10:16:04 CET 2018

>  Making snide comments about the documentation is not really appropriate.  It motivates us to ignore you entirely.

Well, your anwer was harsh… what did you expect from a sysadmin who has been fighting against your documentation ? An answer on the same style.

Ok, let’s take an example :
- in your configuration file there are -ldap stanza…
- in your documentation where is the minus sign documented ?
- how do I find it if I don’t know ?

Ok let’s start :
- it’s found on a server configuration file so I go there :
https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Configuration-files
Ok no syntax item… let’s dig Ohhh site configuration
https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Sites-configuration
Ohh no syntax I have to go to virtual server
https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Virtual-server
Ohhh still no syntax, some examples, none with the ‘-ldap’ stanza…

And nowhere to go… after more than an hour digging… still not found.

So… what do you expect from a sysadmin who has a lot of work and has to spend hours not to find the correct answer.

You know I’m a senior sysadmin, I have been dealing with hundreds of products and documentation for more than 25 years I KNOW what is a good documentation.
 I have spoken with several colleague and they all say the same… so maybe you can learn to accept your users advice…

f.g.