Freeradius 3.0.15 x OpenLDAP (auth) x MySQL (acct): Limit Simultaneous Use

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 11 18:09:36 CEST 2018

On Sep 11, 2018, at 10:59 AM, Jon Battista <jonbattista at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, but freeradius still runs! It doesn't complain.

  As I said repeatedly, it *does* complain when you run it in debug mode.

  You've gone out of your way to avoid reading the debug output, to avoid reading the "users" file that you're editing, as it has both documentation about what to do AND lots of examples.

  Instead of learning from your mistakes, you keep complaining that the server doesn't do what you expect.

  That's unfriendly.

> I have been going back and forth over this documentation for days.
> I have seemingly done everything it says, yet there is no trace in my debug
> output that it is checking for simultaneous use.

  Since you're not posting the debug output here as suggested pretty much everywhere, there isn't much we can do to help you.

> Does there have to be an entry in radgroupcheck for my LDAP group "Squad"
> since I have set Simultaneous-Use := 1 in my user file?

  No.

> Again, I have looked over all the documentation. My debug output has
> nothing about Simultaneous-Use in it.

  If only there were experts who could read the debug output and tell you what it means.

  Oh well.  I guess it's impossible to fix.