rlm_sqlippool Question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Apr 6 22:10:06 CEST 2019

On Apr 6, 2019, at 3:54 PM, Richard J Palmer <richard at merula.net> wrote:
> I am getting somewhere

  Sounds good.

> There's actually a couple of other changes - One in the source code - one for the queries.
>
> I have it running in theory and will test and come back on this one soon....
>
> With the source code - the issue I found was the Transaction code was different in Mssql to mysql - The start / end transaction calls seem to be hard coded - so for now I have tweaked the code to send the MS SQL commit functions - BUT I suspect that may be better as a config setting ?

  The transaction code should be pretty common: start transaction, do work, end transaction.  And all of those SQL statements can go into the configuration files.

  e.g. having "allocate_commit = COMMIT" in the source is just a default.  If you need a different statement for commit, just put "allocate_commit = whatever" into the configuration files.  No source code changes required.

  What's different about the MS-SQL commit functions?

> I am going to test this 'in anger' now so we get accounting data for a few test accounts and make sure things look OK...
>
> Once working would you like a copy of the code changes / working queries to apply to the code ?

  Yes.  Probably only one file with the queries is needed.