Updating Multipe variables with one SQL Query

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Sun Apr 7 21:07:01 CEST 2019

On Sun, 2019-04-07 at 14:47 -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Richard J Palmer <richard at merula.net>
> wrote:
> > The cause it seems is what the Interim updates send to Freeradius -
> > the Router (a firebrick LNS server)
>
>   That's not only unusual, it's unfriendly.  Most RADIUS clients send
> everything they know about the session in every accounting packet.
>
> > I can get round that in pre-acc by running:
>
>   It doesn't event send the User-Name?  What a piece of garbage.

Richard, have you tried contacting RevK/Firebrick and asking if they
can add that?

As Alan says, it's pretty unusual not to include those attributes (even
though I'm not sure if any RFCs actually specify they _have_ to be
included).

Firebricks are nice bits of kit (I've got a 2900), I'm guessing this is
a case of "no need to do that if not explicitly stated in the RFCs".

> > is there a built in way to return the three columns from sql and
> > then within FreeRadius and  assign them into the items as need be.
>
>   You can grab the 3 parameters in one SQL query, and then separate
> them via a regex.  But that's about it.

Can use a map{} in v4. Or (in v3) backend it with Redis, which will
pull this stuff back before SQL has even parsed the query.

--
Matthew