Updating Multipe variables with one SQL Query

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Apr 7 21:15:21 CEST 2019

On Apr 7, 2019, at 3:07 PM, Matthew Newton <mcn at freeradius.org> wrote:
> As Alan says, it's pretty unusual not to include those attributes (even
> though I'm not sure if any RFCs actually specify they _have_ to be
> included).
>
> Firebricks are nice bits of kit (I've got a 2900), I'm guessing this is
> a case of "no need to do that if not explicitly stated in the RFCs".

  The RFCs are silent on *so* many topics that it's ridiculous.  You could just about anything, and technically be RFC compliant.

  The issue for Firebrick is that they're not compatible with everyone else's RADIUS systems.  All of the other clients sent (mostly) sane data in the accounting packets.  All of the other RADIUS servers expect the clients to be mostly sane.  Or, at least, not deliberately retarded.

  This seems to be like it's another case of "dump the junior engineer on RADIUS, and then claim it works".

  Well, it doesn't.