Updating Multipe variables with one SQL Query

Richard J Palmer richard at merula.net
Sun Apr 7 21:24:05 CEST 2019

HI Matthew

I have spoken to Adrian/RevK It's something they are looking at but
not a 'simple' change - so not something happening 'immediately'.
Currently they set 'Chargeable-User-Identity' which is OK - and I
could use that. The Firebrick does not hold the username (as things
stand) once the session is setup - BUT we don't have the chargeable ID
until the auth start hits freeradius Which means it's not available at
the time of the IP allocation

The reason for not returning the Framed-IP they say is that the
devices allow multiple IPs and the framed IP can be changed with a CoA
request even - which can be nice - you can even have multiple routing
tables - so you can have the sane IP in multiple IPs in different
tables in a scenario like this (putting some users into walled
gardens). Obviously in this scenario it won't change

I totally agree it is unhelpful in this case and I am not defending
them - Just some of their thinking when I asked them- I will continue
to nudge this one!

These are the big brother of the 2900's (the 6000s :)

This is v3 here - though happy to use / test v4 if that works for this
scenario

Could you possibly point me at some documentation for either - Happy
to read and test with these. I have
https://networkradius.com/doc/3.0.8/raddb/mods-available/redis.html
which I am working through and seems sensible - but any pointers
welcomed

I'll have a read of that and see how I get on - I may come back with
more questions

Thanks for the pointers so far

Richard