Accounting multicast + unacknowledge mode and conflicting packet

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 22 16:24:17 CEST 2019

On Apr 22, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think the solution is to ignore conflicting packets and not process them
> and print them to detail file, but how we can configure freeradius to
> ignore these conflicting packetes from GGSN ?

  This requires source code changes.  It's a very unusual situation, and not something which is supported in the default configuration.

  Another option is to use a load balancer, and multiple FreeRADIUS backends.  The short answer that if the GGSN is sending 5K packets/s, and the FreeRADIUS + DB back-end can only handle 1K packets/s, you've got problems.

  Adding more capacity is really the only solution.