Freeradius with Docker - got Unknown CA error

Jiuyu Sun sunjiuyu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 03:46:05 CEST 2019

Thanks Alan!

I think both the server and client certificate should match the same CA.
Using the same set of certificate, I can run the server directly in Ubuntu.
So I doubt the issue is in my Dockerfile.

In my Dockerfile:

FROM ubuntu:18.04
RUN apt-get update &&\
    apt-get install -y freeradius
RUN adduser radius
WORKDIR /radius
EXPOSE 1812/udp 1813/udp
COPY radiusd.conf /radius/
COPY certs/* /radius/certs/
CMD ["/usr/sbin/freeradius", "-d", ".","-f","-x","-lstdout"]

I copied all the certificates under the current certs/ directory to
/radius/certs/ in the docker environment. In the docker environment, there
are still certificate under /etc/freeradius/3.0/certs, will FreeRadius use
those certificates instead?

Thanks a lot!