FreeRadius SQL Counter Top-up Option

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 15 13:36:10 CEST 2019

On Aug 14, 2019, at 9:47 AM, tommyp at easttel.co.za wrote:

> I have a freeradius with monthly reset users, when their data is depleted, they are denied login.
>
> I wanted to implement a top-up system, so that they can purchase additional data when this happens.
>
> The additional data should only get used if the monthly data is depleted ad should also rollover.
>
> Is there a way to do this with freeradius and sql_counter or do I need to look at something else?

  Change the the value of the Max-Daily-Session attribute.  That's why it's in an attribute, and not hard-coded into the "sqlcounter" configuration file.

  Where is that attribute being set now?  Can you change it there?  Or maybe have *another* table for top-ups, that over-rides the original value of Max-Daily-Session.