802.1x dynamic vlan and remote desktop

Luc Paulin paulinster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:16:00 CET 2019

Hi Eveyrone,

I am currently testing 802.1x dynamic vlan. So far all work great, except
for remote dekstop connection. Look like RDP and dynamic vlan doesn't make
a good fit, or I may not be doing it correctly. I currently do first
computer authentification at bootup and then once user is logging in, user
authentication is done and switch's port move to the right vlan. Look like
no matter which user logged in a desktop, it's the "computer account/vlan"
that has priority over the user's account/vlan. Therefore if user was
already logged in his system, then decide later to do an RDP session, the
system will switch to "computers" vlan subnet, which cause
disconnection/dns update/replication time issues.

How do you manage remote desktop and dynamic vlan within your
environement?  Any hint/clues on how to achieve this?

  -Luc
--
                         !!!!!
                       ( o o )