NT Status file lock conflict - 0xc0000054

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 11 16:48:25 CET 2019

On Dec 11, 2019, at 10:32 AM, Innes Hatton via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Currently I have an issue with a radius servers, every day the user authentication appears to not work for our Eduroam WIFI, after restarting the server everything begins to work again.
>
> I am currently using SAMBA to connect FreeRADIUS to Active Directory.
>
> Please see the errors below, any advice would be appreciated
>

> [root at EKCRadius5 /usr/home/netsys]# su freeradius
> $ /usr/local/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=EASTKENT --username=service.freeradius --password=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> NT_STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLICT: A requested read/write cannot be granted due to a conflicting file lock. (0xc0000054)

  That's an issue with ntlm_auth / winbind.  There's not a lot we can do about that.

  Find out what's wrong with ntlm_auth / winbind, and fix it.  It may be as simple as a permissions issue.  i.e. the "freeradius" user doesn't, in fact, have permission to run ntlm_auth.

  See the ntlm_auth documentation for more information.

> Fri Dec  6 08:15:24 2019 : Error: No response to status check 909333 ID 41 for home server xxxxxxxxxxxxx port 1812
> Fri Dec  6 08:15:24 2019 : Error: (909322) Ignoring duplicate packet from client 110-CAN-APS port 47516 - ID: 103 due to unfinished request in component authenticate module eap_peap
> Fri Dec  6 08:15:24 2019 : ERROR: (909214) mschap: ERROR: Failed to read from child output

  Those are related to the previous issue.