Freeradius on Ubuntu 19.10

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 19 15:42:29 CET 2019

> On Dec 19, 2019, at 9:26 AM, Houman <houmie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ah I understand now.
>
> So I have to
> replace /etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/schema.sql

  You don't need to change the schema.  It's just an example.

> and /etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/queries.conf with the
> previous version.

  You can't "replace" the file.  You need to edit the queries to match your schema.

  The v2 sql.conf file and queries *cannot* be copied to a v3 configuration.  They *will not* work.

> I couldn't see anything else in the config itself that has to be changed.

  Yes.  That's why we hide the SQL complexity in "queries.conf" file.  So nothing else needs to change when you change the queries.

> Did I understand that correctly?

  Pretty much.