Freeradius on Ubuntu 19.10

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Thu Dec 19 17:30:18 CET 2019

On Thu, 2019-12-19 at 10:32 -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:
> > On Dec 19, 2019, at 10:23 AM, Houman <houmie at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry yes, you are right. the schema.sql is only informational. All
> > I really needed was queries.conf.
> > I have shared the Freeradius -X output in my first email (with
> > 3.0.19 queries.conf on 3.0.16 database schema) if it helps to see
> > what the issue could be.
>
>   It doesn't.
>
>   The mysql auth queries didn't change from 3.0.16 to 3.0.19.

Yeah, but the accounting schema/queries got IPv6 attributes added
(framedipv6address etc). The query that's failing is the post-auth
"pre-create accounting record" one.

Upgrading FreeRADIUS and keeping the same config in place wouldn't
affect this, as the new version will continue to use the same queries.
So something else has gone on: queries.conf /has/ been changed for some
reason, but the new schema from schema.conf hasn't been used.

The options are to take queries.conf back to the previous one they were
using before or upgrade the database to the new schema (add the four
new IPv6 related fields to the radacct table).

--
Matthew