Is it possible to set Simultaneous-Use without any SQL/LDAP database ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:38:19 CET 2019

Hello,

Reading this mailing list late messages (from last October up to now), I
noticed most if not all, questions related to Simultaneous-Use setting
mentioned some sort of database.

1. Is it possible to set a value for Simultaneous-Use parameter and still
define authorized users with a simple file or is it required to use some
sort of database (*) ?

My target implementation is Debian Stretch with Freeradius 3.0.12.
With it, I defined what I call users in a file
/etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/files/authorize with entries such as :
999_9999 Cleartext-Password := "mysuperpassword"

2. If possible, can set this Simultaneous-Use within this authorize file or
shall I use an other file (I'm thinking of
/etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/files/accounting ?
Setting either a value that applies to all or to a specific entry would be
fine for me.

(*) I'm far from opposing to hold user data in a database but I'm working
on controlling guest access to a WiFi network. I suspect I still have
several things to learn about the way a WiFi access point and a Radius
server interact.
So I conviced myself using plain config files is an appropriate  first step.

Best regards