Radius eap- tls certificate failure

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 28 21:43:26 CET 2019

On Jan 28, 2019, at 2:52 PM, Dominique der <dderweduwe at outlook.com> wrote:

> I hope someone can help me out. I have an Ubuntu with Free Radius server where i am authenticating wired camera's with eap tls. I have made an CA, server and client certificate and it works fine, but only on one camera, when i try to do the same to the second camera ( same brand, model and fw) i get an handshake failure. Any idea what the problem can be? Hope to hear from you, if you need any information let me know

  The information we need is listed here:  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help .  That URL is in the email message you get when joining the list.

  The short answer is that a "handshake failure" could be anything.  We need *specific* error messages.  The kind that the debug output produces.  A vague description isn't enough.

  What is *likely* happening is that the second camera doesn't have the correct certificates installed.  So, go do that.

  If the correct certificates are installed, ask the camera manufacturer how their product works.