EAP-GTC w/ "PAP-like" LDAP authentication

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 21:21:31 CET 2019

On 1/29/19 1:03 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> That configuration is intended for a different use-case.  While they
> might work, they're not correct.
>
> My earlier recommendation is the correct approach.

Indeed.  I was confused by the fact that the changes in that note make
radtest (and EAP-TTLS) work.

I've done a bit of testing, and I've come up with the following changes
required to make each "method" work.  (In addition to the certificate &
LDAP configuration that is common across all 3 "methods.")

* radtest

   - force Auth-Type LDAP in the authorize section of
     sites-available/default

   - enable LDAP authentication in the authenticate section of
     sites-available/default

* EAP-TTLS

   - force Auth-Type LDAP in the authorize section of
     sites-available/inner-tunnel

   - enable LDAP authentication in the authenticate section of
     sites-available/inner-tunnel

* EAP-GTC

   - set auth_type = LDAP in the gtc section of mods-available/eap

   - enable LDAP authentication in the authenticate section of
     sites-available/inner-tunnel

I hope I've got that right.

Thanks!