Rebuild of bionic package from packages.networkradius.com?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 17 16:26:00 CEST 2019

> On Jun 17, 2019, at 10:22 AM, Enno Gröper <enno.groeper at charite.de> wrote:\
> last week Ubuntu pushed their libssl 1.1.0 -> 1.1.1 updates to the bionic-updates channel [1].
>
> Since then the "upstream" package of freeradius from packages.networkradius.com stopped working:
>
> libssl version mismatch.  built: 1010007f linked: 1010100f
>
> Are there any plans to publish an updated version?

  I'll take a look.

> At the moment we need to put libssl on hold, which I'm not very comfortable with.

  Sure.

  That check is there because OpenSSL *used* to export native structures, which would then change randomly in point releases.  Those changes would then cause the server to crash.

  Since OpenSSL 1.1.0, they export APIs for everything we need.  So I think that the OpenSSL version checks can be relaxed.