What is the current status and roadmap for FreeRadius?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 15 20:35:43 CET 2019

On Mar 15, 2019, at 3:24 PM, Matthew Newton <mcn at freeradius.org> wrote:
>> What we are really feeling over here is a lack of modern behavior and
>> features.  Which isn't just one thing, but an enormous amount of work
>> and polish.
>
> This sort of statement isn't helpful.

  It's ignorant and abusive.

  "Hi, I got this world-leading software for free.  But it sucks, because you guys need to do more work to make me happy."

  Most reasonable people don't show up at a friends house and critique their taste in furniture.  Doing that will lose you friends in a hurry.

  And before people get offended, yes, it *is* appropriate to call people out on anti-social behaviour.  I've never understood the mentality of people who nod happily when they see someone being attacked, and then get offended when the attacked person asks for it to stop.