How to implement sub-types for specific attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 21 16:30:37 CET 2019

On Mar 21, 2019, at 11:21 AM, Cesare Esposito <cesare.esposito at inquam-solutions.de> wrote:
> I would like to implement the following attribute of the 3GPP2 dictionary:- "DNS-Server-IP-Address"
> It is an attribute which is using subtypes.
> Can someone please point me on a "how-to" implement subtypes ?

  I'm not a 3GPP expert, but the subtypes may be TLVs.  In which case the dictionaries have documentation and many examples of using TLVs and sub TLVs.  See "dictionary.wimax" for one example.

  If that attribute does take TLVs, then the changes should be simple.  But first you need to know what that attribute is, which means wading through pages of 3GPP2 specifications/