What is the current status and roadmap for FreeRadius?

Jorge Pereira jpereiran at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 19:33:25 CET 2019

Joshua,

If you are looking for some capability to use something like Java. we
would like to encourage you to create the Java support. what do you
think? I could imagine that below points as a first-step.

1. Take a look first at the rlm_example
https://github.com/FreRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/master/src/modules/rlm_example
2. Use some other bindings as an example, e.g:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/master/src/modules/rlm_python
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/master/src/modules/rlm_lua
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/master/src/modules/rlm_perl
3. Then, here https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/jni/
you could find all JNI documentation.

After that, it will be possible to forward all REQUEST packets to a
Java Class/Jar as today is possible to do using Lua/Python/Perl/Ruby.
--
Jorge Pereira