Freeradius 3 Log user calling IP in table

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 20 13:21:48 CET 2019

On Nov 20, 2019, at 5:45 AM, JAHANZAIB SYED <aacable at hotmail.com> wrote:

> When any user connects , FR inserts his entry in radacct table with relevant data. We want to additionally log userend calling IP (maybe its called Packet-Src-IP-Address , IP which he gets from the DHCP) in the radacct or in any other table.

  The Packet-Src-IP-Address is the IP address of the RADIUS client.  It's not the users IP address.

  If it's available, the users IP address in in the Framed-IP-Address attribute.

> is it doable ? would appreciate if some tips can be given

  Yes.  The default *is* to log Framed-IP-Address in the radacct table.  You don't need to do anything.

  If it's not being logged there, then the NAS isn't sending it.