Freeradius 3.0.x and Python 3

PENZ Robert robert.penz at tirol.gv.at
Mon Oct 21 07:58:55 CEST 2019

Hi!

With the end of this year Python 2 is no longer supported and a big project like Freeradius has still no Python 3 binding in their current stable release. Looking through Github I found someone that backported the python3 module to Freeradius 3.0.x

https://github.com/foxpass/freeradius-server/compare/v3.0.x...foxpass:python3_for_30x

Please integrate that into a 3.0.x release, so everyone can use Freeradius and python and be still compliant. As we're a customer of Redhat and RHEL 8 is missing the python module in RHEL 8, we've talked with them and they said that they can only integrate the python3 binding if it's in the upstream release and not only a patch by someone.

Regards
Robert Penz