802.1x / EAP Assistance

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 31 16:28:25 CET 2019

On Oct 31, 2019, at 11:24 AM, J Kephart <jkephart at safetynetaccess.com> wrote:

> I've uncommented the line in the inner-tunnel configuration where it says to look in the sql database for the user.  The result is that we get a new error when starting 'radiusd -X':
>
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[132]: Failed to find "sql" in the "modules" section.
>
> What am I missing here?

  Are you using SQL?  If not, why uncomment the "sql" module?

  Which database are you using?  I don't think you've said.

  If you are using SQL, then clearly you've renamed the default SQL module.  So what was it renamed to?

  If you aren't using SQL, then you need to configure the inner tunnel with *that* database.  You seem to have configured the outer tunnel with a database.  So why not configure the inner tunnel with that same database?

  This shouldn't be difficult.  Take a careful step-by-step approach, and *understand* what you're doing.  Blindly doing random things isn't helpful.