802.1x / EAP Assistance

J Kephart jkephart at safetynetaccess.com
Thu Oct 31 16:42:34 CET 2019

>    Are you using SQL?  If not, why uncomment the "sql" module?
>
>    Which database are you using?  I don't think you've said.
>
>    If you are using SQL, then clearly you've renamed the default SQL module.  So what was it renamed to?
>
>    If you aren't using SQL, then you need to configure the inner tunnel with *that* database.  You seem to have configured the outer tunnel with a database.  So why not configure the inner tunnel with that same database?

Yes, we are using an SQL database (MySQL), and no, we have not renamed
the module.

>    This shouldn't be difficult.  Take a careful step-by-step approach, and *understand* what you're doing.  Blindly doing random things isn't helpful.

We're not trying to do things blindly, but it seems that, as in the
"default" section, this should have been as simple as simply
uncommenting the "sql" line.  As we've never used the inner-tunnel
feature, if there is something else that needs to be done, we're not
aware of it, and we haven't seen anything special in the docs.  We *are*
trying to be very careful and methodical, and this is the only change
we've made to the server's configuration.

Jim