Configure Freeradius Server on a Synology NAS to Authenticate Cisco RV340 Users

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 3 22:48:34 CEST 2019

On Sep 3, 2019, at 4:39 PM, Levin, Vladimir <vladlevin at geo-logic.com> wrote:
> Could anyone provide instructions on how to configure Freeradius server on a Synology NAS to authenticate Cisco RV340 users?  Specifically, I need to configure the server to send radius attribute class 25 with user group name back to the client (RV340).

  We don't have documentation for commercial vendors here.  Please read *their* documentation to see what they accept.

  If you want to send a Class attribute back to the NAS, read "man unlang".  It contains complete descriptions of how to send attributes.  Plus, read sites-available/default.  There are lots of examples there.

  i.e. *read* the documentation instead of asking other people to do your work for you.  If you can't be bothered to read the documentation and follow it, we can't be bothered, too.

  And *where* is the group name stored?  FreeRADIUS isn't a database.  We don't store groups.  So it has to come from somewhere.

  How can we help you if you ask vague questions, and don't give us enough information?