Configure Freeradius Server on a Synology NAS to Authenticate Cisco RV340 Users

Levin, Vladimir vladlevin at geo-logic.com
Wed Sep 4 03:22:19 CEST 2019

1. I was unable to find any vendor documention that would explain how to make it work.  Both, Synology and Cisco, development level technical support couldn't help either and referred me to Freeradius or "other online sources".
2. I am not familiar with RADIUS server environment nor am I a programmer, so even after reading the documentation I am still not sure which file(s) to input the code into or what the correct code should be.
3. I am not looking for a lecture (though, if that's what gets you off, I am happy to provide the opportunity) nor for other people to do my work for me (I've spent many hours trying to get it to work with nothing to show for it), but was rather hoping that someone has already solved that problem and was willing to share the solution.
4. The group names are stored in the local user database of the Synology NAS; its RADIUS server, which is essentially Freeradius, is configured via GUI to use that database.
5. If I knew what additional information is needed, I'd be glad to provide it, if I can.

vl