freeradius 3.0.21 rlm_sql_freetds problem

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Apr 17 10:46:13 CEST 2020

Hm,

I seen the following.

https://packages.networkradius.com/releases/ubuntu-bionic/pool/main/f/freeradius/

And i notice your install :

> I have installed freeradius 3.0.21 on ubuntu 18.04 server. I want to
> use mssql as radius dadabase server, so i installed freetds as
>    apt-get install freetds-dev freetds-bin tdsodbc

apt-cache policy freetds-dev
  Version table:
     1.1.6-1.1 500
        500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages
Only on ubuntu repo.

I suggest you fall back to the official package from freeradius.
As it looks like the following.

The "ubuntu" version do have MSMSQl build in, while these
Might have not : https://packages.networkradius.com/releases/ubuntu-bionic/pool/main/f/freeradius/
I cant verify it since they dont share the source.

But, if you enable the source of Ubuntu, and get the source online, you can recompile these to bionic.

Personaly, i would upgrade the 18.04 server to 20.04, yes i know its not released yet, but thats next week.
Then your at least on freeradius 3.0.20.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Greetz,

Louis