Aborted connection

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Apr 26 22:43:19 CEST 2020

On Apr 26, 2020, at 4:00 PM, Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto <netolistas at mpc.com.br> wrote:
>       I´m using FreeRadius 3.0.19 and MySQL 5.7, and I got many errors in
>   mysql log like:
>
>       Aborted connection 17531 to db: 'freeradius' user: 'FREERADIUS'
>   host: 'XXXXXXXXXX' (Got an error reading communication packets)

  That likely means that FreeRADIUS closed the connection.

>       My database is up to date and querys running very fast, something
>   like 0.003s

  Well...

>       When it happens I have this messages in freeradius LOGs:
>
>       WARNING: (131915) WARNING: Module rlm_sql became unblocked
>       Error: Received conflicting packet from client ce-popfd-rb port
>   49756 - ID: 101 due to unfinished request in module sql.  Giving up on
>   old request
>
>       What I need to adjust do solve this issue?

  Make the MySQL server respond quickly.  The "rlm_sql became unblocked" message comes out because the SQL server didn't respond to one query for *many* seconds.

  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS will fix this issue.  It's either a slow database, or a network issue which causes connections to be blocked.