request for radius dictionary EVS entry examples

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 3 13:39:56 CET 2020

On Feb 3, 2020, at 4:26 AM, robert.stannard at bt.com wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of an EVS dictionary entry ? I've found examples for type TLV (please see below), but not EVS?.

  I'll see if I can add some examples/

> I would like see how the entries are organised in the dictionary. I've checked the dictionaries in the latest FreeRadius download but couldn't find a single example. If someone is using them or has an example (for instance for testing) then could you please share it ?

  You can create extended vendor-specific dictionaries as follows:

BEGIN-VENDOR BT format=Extended-Vendor-Specific-1
ATTRIBUTE BT-Foo-Bar 1 integer
ATTRIBUTE BT-Bar-Baz 2 integer
END-VENDOR BT

  i.e. the magic isn't in the "evs" name.  It's in the BEGIN-VENDOR line.  Once that's defined, the rest of the vendor dictionary is the same as normal.