request for radius dictionary EVS entry examples

robert.stannard at bt.com robert.stannard at bt.com
Thu Feb 20 10:16:10 CET 2020

?Hi Alan,

Thank you for the example in your email below. I've copied the example here,

BEGIN-VENDOR BT format=Extended-Vendor-Specific-1
ATTRIBUTE BT-Foo-Bar 1 integer
ATTRIBUTE BT-Bar-Baz 2 integer
END-VENDOR BT

Could I ask a couple of follow-up questions then please. Following your example then would,

>ATTRIBUTE BT-Foo-Bar 1 integer

translate to a dictionary reference-id of,

>241.26.594.1

where,

241.26 = Extended-Vendor-Specific-1 (evs data-type)

594 = BT

1 = BT-Foo-Bar

and similarly for,

>ATTRIBUTE BT-Bar-Baz 2 integer

this becomes,

>241.26.594.2

so when we read the dictionary file and find

format=Extended-Vendor-Specific-1

we need to "look-up"

>Extended-Vendor-Specific-1 from our dictionaries to retrieve the 241.26 id - so this means that the definitions for evs need to have been loaded first before we can reference them as in the example you have shown?

Kind Regards,

Robert.