Building FreeRADIUS packages for Red Hat/CentOS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 3 16:32:36 CET 2020

On Feb 3, 2020, at 10:11 AM, Chris Howley <C.P.Howley at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> I noticed the following note on the LTB project web site (https://ltb-project.org/documentation/openldap-rpm) for the RPMs:
>
> "The installation is done under /usr/local, in order to avoid conflicts with existing OpenLDAP installation. In particular, we do not touch the
>
> ldap system libraries, which are linked in by many other programs."

  FreeRADIUS uses that, so it should be fine.

  3.0.20 also has support for LD_PRELOAD in radiusd.conf.  You can use this to *force* the server to use a particular LDAP library:

	ENV {
		LD_PRELOAD = /usr/local/lib/libldap-foo.so
		LD_PRELOAD = /usr/local/lib/libber-foo.so
	}

  That configuration ensures that the system linker *never* chooses the broken version of libldap.