[EXTERNAL] freeradius DNS issue

Winfield, Alister Alister.Winfield at sky.uk
Wed Feb 12 14:41:10 CET 2020

Not RADIUS read the manpage for /etc/resolv.conf, default timeout is 30 seconds and there is an option to change it to a different value.

Alister

On 11/02/2020, 19:35, "Freeradius-Users on behalf of Satish Patel" <freeradius-users-bounces+alister.winfield=sky.uk at lists.freeradius.org on behalf of satish.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

    I have two DNS entry in /etc/resolve.conf and somehow today 10.10.0.10
    DNS went down and result radius fail to authenticate clients, it was
    bizarre that 1 hour everything was down and as soon as 10.10.0.10 came
    back radius start working, I have check 10.10.0.11 is totally
    functional DNS but look like freeradius just doesn't like getting
    failover to second DNS, is there any timeout or better solution of
    this issue?

    # cat /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 10.10.0.10
    nameserver 10.10.0.11
    -
    List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freeradius.org%2Flist%2Fusers.html&data=02%7C01%7Calister.winfield%40sky.uk%7C377535fc4a3347d05dfc08d7af298fb6%7C68b865d5cf184b2b82a4a4eddb9c5237%7C0%7C0%7C637170465357667527&sdata=874hxguRNoVmrpvIXGF85PCXOZSPmk9i2QogIVKtdtw%3D&reserved=0
    This email is from an external source. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin. Phishing attempts can be reported by sending them to phishing at sky.uk as attachments. Thank you

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are trademarks of Sky Limited and Sky International AG and are used under licence.

Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075), Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration No. 2340150) and Sky CP Limited (Registration No. 9513259) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of Sky Limited (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD