capturing radius performance metrics

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Sat Jan 4 00:02:52 CET 2020

> On 4/01/2020, at 10:15 AM, Munroe Sollog <mus3 at lehigh.edu> wrote:
>
> I would like to monitor the ongoing real-world performance of my freeradius
> server.  In this case, I'm defining performance as time between receiving
> request and sending answer.  I have used radsniff and radclient to do some
> benchmarking, but neither really seem like a sustainable or appropriate
> solution for long-term data collection in a production environment.

You can have radsniff write to a collectd socket. I have this in many many production servers, it works very well.

Collectd can write out many formats, including to other collection services over a network.

Of course, it shows packet rate etc. stats rather than radius process internal stats, but it gets you most of the way there.

--
Nathan Ward