Correct way to edit sql queries.conf

Jiří Hromádka hrom.jiri at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:40:16 CEST 2020

Thanks, we are using git to track local changes. I just wanted to make sure to avoid over-writing our changes while updating freeradius - we have dealt with this on older freeradius 2.x, when we incorrectly add our attributes to dictionary file in /usr/share/....

Have a nice day

On 09/06/2020, 13:51, "Freeradius-Users on behalf of Alan DeKok" <freeradius-users-bounces+hrom.jiri=gmail.com at lists.freeradius.org on behalf of aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

    On Jun 9, 2020, at 5:42 AM, Jiří Hromádka <hrom.jiri at gmail.com> wrote:
    > what is proper way to edit SQL queries in mods-config/sql/main/{dialect}/queries.conf to make them „update persistent“?

      Installing a package does not over-write existing configuration files.

    > Is direct editing queries.conf ok, or should I create new file which overrides just some queries I need to change and include it?

      You can edit the file directly.  I would also suggest using a revision control system, like "git" to track changes over time.

      An added benefit of revision contol is to keep local backups.

      Alan DeKok.

    -
    List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html