DHCP server crashed when receiving unknown option in Request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 30 16:49:22 CEST 2020

On Jun 30, 2020, at 10:21 AM, Chinnapaiyan, Nagamani <Nagamani.Chinnapaiyan at viasat.com> wrote:

>> We do know that.  We have literally hundreds of tests for this, and other circumstances.
> You mean you already know it will crash if unknow options are incoming? And you have testcases which are failing because of this?

   I mean that you should pay attention to how your comments come across.  They are borderline rude.

  Your comment was "please ensure(from code) radiusd is not crashing"  My answer is "yes, we know already that the server isn't supposed to crash".

  If the server crashes, it's a bug, and we'll fix it.  We have been _very_ clear on that subject for the past 20 years.  We've said so on this list many times.  We do _not_ need someone to tell us this.

  We have hundreds of tests to ensure that the server  *doesn't* crash when it gets unknown attributes.  We have hundreds of tests to ensure that the server deals with all kinds of bizarre corner cases.  If we missed a case, we will add a test.

  If you find a crash, you can open a bug report.  You should include enough information that we can easily reproduce the issue.  We can then add tests to be sure that the issue doesn't come back.

>> The current "master" branch has no such messages at line 883 or 3050.  Please ensure that you're running the latest branch.  The code in "master" changes a lot.  So it's not productive for us to track down issues which may have already been fixed months ago.
> We will checkout latest master branch and try. But the current one is taken recently within a month. We will check the latest commit anyway and get back.

  That should help.