Bulk and Active leasequeries

Ivane Porchkhidze ivporchkhidze at silknet.com
Fri May 29 16:28:34 CEST 2020

>> On May 29, 2020, at 3:39 AM, Ivane Porchkhidze <ivporchkhidze at silknet.com> wrote:
>>
>> But as I understand it, this applies to DHCP-Lease-Query (rfc4388), but I meant Active DHCPv4 Lease Query (rfc7724)
>
>  Ah, not.  Streaming DHCPv4 leases over a TCP socket isn't supported in v3.
>
>  It might difficult to do in v4, too.  The server is very much designed around a request / response architecture.
>
>  I really wish that the DHCP people would stop inventing database replication.  They tried it with the ISC lease replication protocol years ago, and got it horribly wrong.  With about 10minutes work, I could get ISC into a state where it was broken, and *never* recovered.

Yes, it's sad.

>  These active / bulk lease queries are better.  But they're still difficult to implement in FreeRADIUS.  The simplest approach may be to just have a special-purpose handler for them.

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. Silknet shall not be responsible nor liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. Silknet does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference