Freeradius rlm_perl with Custom Perl

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 17 14:35:21 CET 2020

On Nov 17, 2020, at 8:02 AM, Onur GURSOY <onurgursoygyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> currently, i can build freeradius rlm_perl successfully.
> But rlm_perl.se depends on libperl.so.5.26 =>
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libperl.so.5.26
>
> but i want to use
> <foopath>/perl/lib/5.26.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
>
> How is this possible?

  You have to fix the linker to use that library instead of the system one.

  Edit src/modules/rlm_perl/all.mk, and set TGT_LDLIBS to that path:

TGT_LDLIBS :=  <foopath>/perl/lib/5.26.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/ libperl.so

  And rebuild.

> This is problem for deployment point of view.
> Because I have custom perl which i build from source.
> and i want to use this instead of any other already installed perl which is
> in deployment machine.

  It's generally a bad idea to install two versions of the same library on a system.  It's not well supported by the linker, and it has a tendency of breaking.

  i.e. you can tell FreeRADIUS to use one library, but the system might just choose another one.  There isn't a lot you can do to work around that, other than fix the system.