Freeradius rlm_perl with Custom Perl

Onur GURSOY onurgursoygyte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 06:21:41 CET 2020

Hello Alan,

You have to fix the linker to use that library instead of the system one.
>   Edit src/modules/rlm_perl/all.mk, and set TGT_LDLIBS to that path:
> TGT_LDLIBS :=  <foopath>/perl/lib/5.26.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/
> libperl.so
>   And rebuild.

Thanks for your answer. It's good point. So, Is there a configuration
option for build. Why im saying this: because all.mk is produced after
./configure operation ? If yes first i have to configure radius and then i
have to change all.mk files.

 It's generally a bad idea to install two versions of the same library on a
> system.  It's not well supported by the linker, and it has a tendency of
> breaking.
>   i.e. you can tell FreeRADIUS to use one library, but the system might
> just choose another one.  There isn't a lot you can do to work around that,
> other than fix the system.

Generally, you're right. But i want to exactly this, I mean, freeradius
should use one library which is installed by me, system should use any
other library

Many Many Thanks,
With My Best Regards,

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>, 17 Kas 2020 Sal, 16:36 tarihinde
şunu yazdı:

> On Nov 17, 2020, at 8:02 AM, Onur GURSOY <onurgursoygyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> > currently, i can build freeradius rlm_perl successfully.
> > But rlm_perl.se depends on libperl.so.5.26 =>
> > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libperl.so.5.26
> >
> > but i want to use
> > <foopath>/perl/lib/5.26.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
> >
> > How is this possible?
>
>   You have to fix the linker to use that library instead of the system one.
>
>   Edit src/modules/rlm_perl/all.mk, and set TGT_LDLIBS to that path:
>
> TGT_LDLIBS :=  <foopath>/perl/lib/5.26.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/
> libperl.so
>
>   And rebuild.
>
> > This is problem for deployment point of view.
> > Because I have custom perl which i build from source.
> > and i want to use this instead of any other already installed perl which
> is
> > in deployment machine.
>
>   It's generally a bad idea to install two versions of the same library on
> a system.  It's not well supported by the linker, and it has a tendency of
> breaking.
>
>   i.e. you can tell FreeRADIUS to use one library, but the system might
> just choose another one.  There isn't a lot you can do to work around that,
> other than fix the system.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Onur GÜRSOY
R&D Engineer in Embedded Systems
Master Student at Gebze Institute Of Technology
Department Of Electronic Engineering
GSM : 0(545) 764 7653
e-mail: onurgursoygyte at gmail.com