cross compiling freeradius

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Thu Oct 15 19:15:40 CEST 2020

Hi Alan

Am 15.10.2020 um 14:12 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> On Oct 15, 2020, at 4:46 AM, Erich Titl <erich.titl at think.ch> wrote:

>> `/home/mega/leaf/devel/master-new-openssl/source/x86_64-unknown-linux-uclibc/radius/freeradius-server-3.0.21':
>> configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
>
>   Hmm... I suppose we could fix the configure check to not run programs.  But that won't really help.
>
>   The short answer is that you can edit the "configure" script to remove those checks.  Just look for that error message, and remove all of the code which references "builtin_choose_expr".

I got away with editing configure.ac and then run autogen.sh to create a
new configure script without the tests. Here are the relevant lines

dnl #
dnl #  check for some compiler features
dnl #
FR_TLS
dnl FR_HAVE_BUILTIN_CHOOSE_EXPR
dnl FR_HAVE_BUILTIN_TYPES_COMPATIBLE_P
dnl FR_HAVE_BUILTIN_BSWAP64
dnl FR_HAVE_BOUNDED_ATTRIBUTE

so it appears that configure is running, but now I see

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating all.mk
sed -i 's,need_relink=yes,need_relink=no,' freeradius-server-3.0.21/libtool
sed: can't read freeradius-server-3.0.21/libtool: No such file or directory
make: *** [buildtool.mk:21: freeradius-server-3.0.21/.configure] Error 2
make: Leaving directory
'/home/mega/leaf/devel/master-new-openssl/source/x86_64-unknown-linux-uclibc/radius'

It looks like config.status gets created and started but libtool needs
to be created somewhere.

Thanks

ET

http://www.avg.com