cross compiling freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 15 19:23:59 CEST 2020

On Oct 15, 2020, at 1:15 PM, Erich Titl <erich.titl at think.ch> wrote:
> I got away with editing configure.ac and then run autogen.sh to create a
> new configure script without the tests. Here are the relevant lines

  You can just do "make reconfig" and it will work.  You might need to do a "configure" first, but that doesn't have to be a cross-compile.  You can always re-run "configure" later.

  Don't run autogen.sh.  It will do all kinds of stupidities in order to

> so it appears that configure is running, but now I see
>
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating all.mk
> sed -i 's,need_relink=yes,need_relink=no,' freeradius-server-3.0.21/libtool
> sed: can't read freeradius-server-3.0.21/libtool: No such file or directory
> make: *** [buildtool.mk:21: freeradius-server-3.0.21/.configure] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory
> '/home/mega/leaf/devel/master-new-openssl/source/x86_64-unknown-linux-uclibc/radius'
>
> It looks like config.status gets created and started but libtool needs
> to be created somewhere.

  We don't use libtool.  It's garbage.

  Just do "make reconfig", and the build process will Do the Right Thing.