DHCP server multiple gateways

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 22 19:47:39 CEST 2020

On Oct 22, 2020, at 1:15 PM, Ulisses Buonanni <ulisses.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The best approach is to use VLANs.  You can create one VLAN per network segment.  Then use one SSID.  And when a user connects, assign him to the correct VLAN.
>> The downside is that if someone visits a different site, they won't be able to use the local printer.  But that may be a good thing, because they also can't see _any_ devices on that network.
>
> I have tested VLANs, but I need to share local resources between houses (printer and storage, for example). This is why everyone is in the same subnet.

  But if the different houses have different subnets... they're not on the same subnet.  They might all be in the same "10" network.  But they have different gateways, and different subnets.

  So you might have competing sets of requirements.  Printers, etc. need to be in the same broadcast domain.  You don't want printers in one house visible from another house.  But each user should have their *public* traffic go out their home network.

  It might not be possible to do everything you want.

> Yep, this is my main goal: allow roaming wifi between houses but respecting the LTE/4g antenna each person's belong.
> This is why I thought that setting up pihole as freeradius+dhcpserver could let me send IPs+Gateways based on the specific house login.
> I would just have 5 shared users: house1, house2, house3, house4, house5
> Everytime some device using house1 login try to reach one AP the freeradius+dhcpserver was going to return a valid ip from their IPpoll

  Then they can't see printers in the "visited" network.