Linelog module sending message twice that has "warning" or higher severity level.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 11 16:07:13 CEST 2020

On Sep 11, 2020, at 9:49 AM, Yiğit YAŞAR <y.yasar92 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As mentioned at first post, my problem is the reject messages are sending
> twice.

  Yes, except that the debug logs you're posing don't show that.

> After some experimental works I discovered this situation only happening if
> severity is higher than "warning".
> There is no problem with successfully authentication message, its only sent
> once.
> I still could not find the solution.

  You still haven't shown a problem with *FreeADIUS*.

> This is my syslog event file, as you can see warning severity sending twice.
> "2020-09-11 16:42:35" "ygtysr" "authpriv" "info" "User 'ygtysr'
> authenticated via Radius!"
> "2020-09-11 16:42:41" "ygtysr" "authpriv" "warning" "User 'ygtysr'
> authentication request rejected by Radius!"
> "2020-09-11 16:42:41" "ygtysr" "authpriv" "warning" "User 'ygtysr'
> authentication request rejected by Radius!"

  That has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS.  The debug log shows that the "log_postreject" module is only called once.  And, the "log_postauth" module isn't called at all.

  So... FreeRADIUS sends one log message, and syslog stores two.  Check the *rest* of the system to see why these messages are getting duplicated.

  You can also use "strace" on Linux to verify that FreeRADIUS is calling syslog only *once*.

> I use radtest for authentication test.
> I attached the full debug.

  Attached as a ".log" file.  <sigh>

  The documentation is EXTREMELY clear on what we need.  And, what is polite to post to the list.

  When you make us do unnecessary work to help you, we're inclined to just ignore you completely.