Accounting Start - Proxy

Byron Jeffery byronjeffery at cem.org.au
Tue Sep 15 07:30:09 CEST 2020

Hi

I am looking into a possible scenario where we need to pass the accounting
start record to two devices simultaneously, but because we have multiple
sites, I will need to look at the source NAS and then forward/proxy to the
two correct accounting servers based on that site.  Currently our NAS can
only send the accounting start to one device at a time.

In my research, I know that there is the option of setting up a freeradius
accounting proxy with some home servers, but I am struggling to understand
if this will accomplish what we are looking to do as above.  Will I need to
reference these home servers in the Accounting section in the
sites-enabled>default config file?

Hope I made sense, sorry.

   - Kind Regards

   - Byron Jeffery
   - Assisting ICT Manager

--

The content of this message is provided without responsibility in law for
their accuracy or otherwise, and without assumption of a duty of care by