HTTP headers

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 2 15:49:56 CET 2021

On Dec 2, 2021, at 9:29 AM, Matthew Newton <mcn at freeradius.org> wrote:
> There are reasons for sending the _whole_ debug output every time. It's all we've got to go on to try and guess what you've actually done on your system (as opposed to what you say you did; experience shows people very often forget to say something, or don't explain properly, which *really* makes it hard when we're trying to understand the situation to help).

 And don't send *edited* versions of the debug output.  And *read* the debug output to see if the server is reading the files you edited.  And when you ask a question, read the answer and follow the instructions.

 The people who have the most difficulty are the ones who ask questions, and then refuse to follow instructions.  I don't know why people do this, but it's not productive.

  Over the last few years, the questions on the list have fallen into one of three categories:

1) people doing complex things who ask good questions, and get good answers and/or bug fixes and/or new features

2) people asking for help in situations where the documentation says what the server does, but they need help putting the pieces together.  They also get good answers.

3) people who ask questions, and then refuse to follow instructions.  Then when told to follow instructions, they get angry.

  The last category is the only reason why there's any conflict on this list.  I've taken to simply warning, and then banning these people as a way to improve discussion.