Questions

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 15 14:59:51 CET 2021

On Dec 15, 2021, at 8:02 AM, mohamed almeshal <mohammed.almeshal at hotmail.com> wrote:
> first :
> I'm new at building exec script by php ...
> I do read some docs about exec and I found that to build my script for update some values and telegram messages I have to build modules .
> but the doc's always refer to raddb/modules but I have freeradius 3.0.25 and it's on etc I think the alternative is mod-enabled is that ok

  Yes.

> also in php script what is the variable should I use to represent of the %{User-Name} .

  This is documented.  If you read the files I told you to read, the answer is there.  There's no reason for me to"cut and paste" the documentation into the mailing list.  You should just read the documentation.

> Second :
> is the use of exec script not for auth just for some additional function will affect the speed of auth in present of unlag statments in defult config

  External scripts are slow, and will lower the maximum rate of authentication.  In many situations, this doesn't matter.

> third :
>
> I use radsec for auth , what is the best way to determine the active online NAS that connected to freeradius box

  Run the server in debug mode and read the output.  The documentation might have mentioned that, at least once.

> fourth :
>
> I read tons of doc about MAC Auth but I need the script to check that against last mac in radacct what is the best way to do that

  If the MAC address is in SQL, in the radacct database, then just write an SQL query.