rlm_rest: Parse response from API?

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Mon Dec 20 17:30:11 CET 2021

On 20/12/2021 15:48, Alan DeKok wrote:
>    Matthew updated rlm_json in the v3.2.x branch.  It can encode more json attributes, but can't decode any.  We'd be OK with getting a patch to update 3.2.  But if we change 3.0 at this time, then Matthew will be upset at me. :(

v3.0 is stable, v3.2 is new features :) Broken releases make me grumpy!

The problem is that even with all the automated tests we've got, it's
far too easy to break things even with small features. FreeRADIUS is too
flexible for us to be able to test every possible configuration.

If someone wants to backport the jpath stuff from v4 to v3.2 then that
should allow pulling data out of JSON. Or use e.g. rlm_perl - but that
will likely have a performance impact.

But apart from security & bug fixes and documentation, we need to just
leave v3.0 alone :-P

--
Matthew